Sunday, April 8, 2007

Thinking about the birth

Andrea and I have been reading and talking about the process of the birth. It seems amazing what a body can do! Andrea doesn't seem to be scarred at all - which doesn't really surprise me because she is one of the toughest people I've ever known -certainly alot tougher than me. So it is good that it is her giving birth and not me...

So many people roll their eyes when we talk about Andrea doing a natural childbirth, but sticking a big needle into your spine seems alot scarier than giving birth. I know that is easy for me to say, but Andrea feels the same way, so I'm just trying to help us have the skills necessary to help her along. The hospital we're going to give birth at has some natural child birthing rooms that are very nice with big beds, birthing chairs, big roomy showers and a tub large enough for both of us to be in it. I mean, I know, it is probably going to be the most intense thing we ever do, but I'm kind of excited as well. I find the whole process fascinating and, of course, we'll have a little girl at the end of it all.

No comments: