Friday, April 6, 2007

The Beginning

Welcome! This is my new blog - The Daddy Dance. It is all about becoming and being a dad. My wife (Andrea) is currently at 36 weeks, so we are entering the time when we can become parents at any time. While this is so exciting I find it incredibly scary as well. I mean, I think I will be a good dad, but I also get nervous about being good enough. It is certainly alot of the bigger responsibilities that worry me - ie. money, scheduling time, education. The day to day stuff I feel more confident about, but we'll see....

I'm sure I as go along and write about this process I'll tell more and more about myself, but for now it is enough to say that I am a working dancer/choreographer and a Feldenkrais Practioner (see the link to The Integrated Body to learn more about that). I live just outside DC with my wife and teach part time at University of Maryland College Park as well as some local studios. My dance company, The PlayGround, has a show coming up on April 27-29 (and Andrea's due May 6th). And, in addition to this blog I have a blog that is keeping track of my current creative project - My ocean is never blue at http://improvarts.alkem.org/myoceanisneverblue.

Best... more soon.

No comments: