Monday, April 16, 2007

CPR-in'

Today Andrea and I took a 1/2 workshop in Infant CPR from the Red Cross. We went downtown DC to the national headquarters of the Red Cross and, I must say, it was an impressive building - very new, modern - they had the nicest chairs I have ever seen in a waiting room - cool, cushion-y, cloth chairs with nifty little wooden trays that swung in front of you and to the side - like a very high end school chair/desk. Anyway, we took this class with just 3 students and learned how to give "Rescue Breaths" - which they use to call mouth-to-mouth, but I guess that got to many laughs - and CPR. We learned this both for infants and children whether they are awake or unconscious. So, we're ready for anything unfortunate that happens with our soon to arrive daughter. They didn't cover how to do any of this with an adult so I guess Andrea and I are out of luck if anything happens....But, if you're having a child, or have a child you should take a class, just go to www.redcross.org and find a class by you.

1 comment:

Jean Fung said...

CONGRATULATIONS Andrea & Daniel