Sunday, April 15, 2007

Messy, Messy -- WHEEE!

When Andrea and I tell people that we are going to be using cloth diapers people think we are totally nuts. I guess that should be expected when disposables have become the norm. But, with everything we know about how bad disposables are for the environment I as so surprised by people's reactions. It is true there are some people who think the water used to clean the cloth diapers balances out the amount of trash disposable create, but it also takes a ton of water to make the disposables and the difference ends up to be very little. And, it is 1/2 as expensive to use cloth (and that includes buying the diapers and washing them). I mean, we'll see, maybe it will be such a total pain in the butt that we will switch over to disposables, but I think we're both ready to be alittle inconvenienced. And, we now have these really cut diaper covers that we're totally ready to use!

No comments: