Sunday, June 24, 2007

Some Hard Days

This last week was hard for me. I was having a real problem not taking Adelais' behavior personally. For a number of days, it seemed that every time I picked her up or held her she would start crying, and crying hard. There were times when she would be lying there, seemingly content, and I would pick her up and she would instantly cry. Or, Andrea would be holding her and pass her to me and she would cry. Nothing I did seemed to calm her down, except, occasionally, if I gave her my little finger to suck on. But then only for a short period of time and she would be back to crying. I was really (I mean REALLY!) upset about this on Thursday and Friday, but, luckily, this weekend we've had some fun together. This morning we went into the dance studio and she laid on a mat while I stretched and did a little workout. She just, mostly, watched me with those big blue eyes and I even got her to smile alittle. So, I am feeling better now, but it was certainly rough for a while. I am sure this is just the first of many times where her reactions effect me so strongly.

No comments: