Saturday, May 5, 2007

Waiting

Now, we're waiting. Andrea's due date is May 6th, but for some reason I think we both thought she would go into labor earlier this week. Does everyone think that? She can feel, day to day, that the baby is dropping lower, and I can see a difference. Does everyone go through this? This thinking it is going to happen, which, of course, is a hoping for or a wanting the labor to start. It is an interesting state of flux, because you keep going with your day to day activities, but with this anticipation hanging over you and your wife.

The other night while sleeping I rolled over and my leg brushed against Andrea's leg. Since it was cool her skin was cool and, as is sometimes the case, the coolness felt like wetness. I immediately woke up and starting feeling around the bed, and her hips and pelvis area because I thought her water had broken. Of course, it hadn't. I'm just so ready for it to happen and for us to go into this amazing event I'm alittle on edge these days.

No comments: