Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Mommy Connection


It is true - a baby and her mommy has a sweet, sweet, intimate connection. When I am holding Adelais and unless she is really crying hard you can see her soften when I hand her to Andrea. It is as if she is going to a place where she feels most safe - which, of course, it is that kind of place for her right now. In Andrea's arms is where she is fed and loved so greatly it must feel to Adelais like the most incredibly special, safe place. I mean, I hope she feels safe when I am holding her, or when anyone holds her -- but, certainly, there is something special about being held by your mom. Especially now, when their connection is so intimate. I also see a change in Andrea as she holds, feeds and cares for Adelais - a softness is so apparent in Andrea when she holds her daughter. She is, clearly, full love for our little girl - it is now one of my favorite things to see - Andrea and Adelais holding, supporting and loving one another.

1 comment:

SquirtEsquire said...

Daniel, This is so sweet. I just love reading your blog. Rosezella