Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Final Post

Clearly I haven't been keeping this blog up over the last year and a half or more. It was a great way to record Adelais' development when she was young, but I haven't been as dedicated lately. So, this will be my last entry:

This morning Adelais was running around the house pretending to be a butterfly. To communicate she was saying "flutter, flutter" as butterfly speak. As she raced around a corner she slipped and hit her head on a bookshelf in our living room. It clearly hurt. As I bend down to pick her up she looked at me, with tears in her eyes, and said, "flutter, flutter". Even as she was crying, full on crying, she kept trying to communicate with me only using 'butterfly speak'. Through the whole ordeal - the crying, the cuddling, the getting the ice pack for her head - she completely stayed in character. Yes, it was hysterical and, of course, Daddy was so proud. :)

1 comment:

Stereo:Type:A said...

I adore everything about this. Get well soon, little one.